Selection of Reviews
Animated Knots App Ridiculously Simplifies Life
November 8, 2012
- We got to hand it to Grog LLC, the Animated Knots App developers.
- In an age where everything is online, digital and mobile, it’s almost forgettable that some people still need solutions for good old backpacking, traveling and fishing – just like we all used to do on a cool sunday morning …
Alan Grogono: The Ties that Bind
Hilton Head Monthly
Sally Mahan. Tuesday, August 30, 2011
- When Alan Grogono, 75, added a bit of information about sailing knots to his family website, he had no idea that the page would come to attract more than 14,000 unique visitors every day – and become Apple’s No. 1 reference app for weeks straight.
Tied Up in Knots: Former Sailor Turns Rope Skills into Website, iPhone App
Island Packet (Hilton Head Island, SC)
Justin Paprocki | Friday, July 1, 2011
- Just a few years ago, Alan Grogono didn’t know much about knots. Now, he’s become a multimedia knot-tying superstar … if there is such a thing.
- Animated Knots by Grog registers 13,000 visitors a day … type “knots” in Google and Grogono’s site is the first that pops up.
Animated Knots By Grog Celebrates One Year on App Store — 30 New Knots Added
Press Release | Friday, June 24, 2011
- World’s Number One Knot Website Upgrades iPhone App to Version 2.0 With Over 100 Total Knots, New Features
Animated Knots By Grog Upgrades iPhone App
Top News | Friday, June 24, 2011
- Don’t know a bowline from a square knot? Trying to sharpen up your bimini twist? Animated Knots By Grog, the brainchild of an Austin, 75-year old father and two sons, has a newly upgraded version of its smart phone application for you.
Family’s App Presents, Solves, Knotty Problems
Austin American Statesman
Omar L. Gallaga | Monday Jan 17, 2011
- Family ties? The Grogonos have plenty.
- For years, Alan “Grog” Grogono, an anesthesiologist and sailing enthusiast, has run a website showing how to tie (and untie) knots. With his sons Martin and David, he turned that website (animatedknots.com) into software for PCs and Macs …
Watch Knots Spring to Life with Animated Knots
Erica Sadun | Thursday Jul 8, 2010
- Do you want to tie a specialized knot? There’s an app for that! Animated Knots isn’t particularly polished or overdesigned. Instead, it presents a list of knots that are arranged in categories, such as boating, fishing, and scouting. You tap on a knot, and you see the knot tie itself on screen using stop motion photography. I must admit, it’s kind of cool.
- Not only do you see each stage of the knot formation, but you also get a text accompaniment …
Animated Knots for iPhone Is Awesome Knot-Tying App
Cult of Mac
David W. Martin, Tuesday Jul 13, 2010
- Animated Knots by Grog is a great app that teaches you to tie all kinds of handy knots. This is the first app we’ve reviewed to earn five Black Turtlenecks using our rating system!
- What It is: Animated Knots presents a list of knots that are arranged in categories that include boating, climbing, fishing . . . . . . .
Animated Knots [Review]
iPhone Apps Finder
Cyrus | Thursday Jul 15, 2010
- Rating: 8.5 / 10 | All in all, Animated Knots is a very handy app for those who spend a lot of time outdoors. Even if you don’t want to learn how to do all these knots, it’s nice to have this guide in your pocket just in case …
Animated Knots by Grog [Review]
Chris Hall | Wednesday Jul 21, 2010
- Rated: 4 1/2 Stars
- If you are ever in a bind and need to know how to make a specific knot, be sure to pick up AK Grog, as it is the best resource on knots that I’ve ever known …
Unusual iPhone App Reviews: Animated Knots by Grog [Review]
luis84 and Bill Fulks | Tuesday Jul 27, 2010
- Overall Animated Knots by Grog is a very easy to use and educational program. The display is well designed, instructions well written and the images are very clear. Animated Knots is a great program if you have any particular need to learn how to tie knots or have this information constantly available on your iPhone.
- There is plenty of content contained in Animated Knots by Grog. Just about every major type of not can be found in Animated Knots with detailed instructions …
Islander Finds Running the Top Knot Site a Cinch
Island Packet (Hilton Head Island, SC)
Justin Paprocki | Friday Jun 8, 2007
- He never thought he’d be the king of knot-tying Web sites, but Alan Grogono wears the crown proudly.
- Type “knots” in to Google and up comes the Hilton Head Island resident’s homemade Web site featuring every knot from a Sheet Bend to a Trucker’s Hitch ….