Support and Interest Appreciated
The Animated Knots by Grog project depends on the enthusiastic help and advice provided by friends, family and businesses – most of them a long way from us. It is a pleasure to thank several people in particular who have provided invaluable help.
- Allen Edwards webmaster of L-36.com and originator of the Better Soft Shackle.
- Ian Fieggen of Melbourne, Australia, provided initial advice about file compression.
- Warren Holland provided expert advice about the selection for the Top 5 Fishing Knots.
- Frank House of Gairloch, Scotland has been a devoted and thorough editor.
- Dan Lehman of Falls Church Va, USA, corrected many errors in the animations and descriptions.
- The Author of Notable Knot Index provided constructive suggestions, especially about safety and climbing knots.
- Matthew Otto, of the Rig Loft who patiently helped me with the Button Sling.
- Evans Starzinger, author, circumnavigator, originator of the EStar Stopper Knot, and tester of knots in various ropes. Evans has taken down his website. It must be hoped he will restore this wonderful resource.
- Brion Toss Yacht Rigger, speaker, consultant, and author of several books including The Complete Rigger’s Apprentice.
- David Weber, Mountaineering Ranger & Lead Medic, Denali National Park, advised on rescue knots and techniques.
- Doug Wessen, President 2013-14, Mountain Rescue Association.
The Animated Knots by Grog project is the creation of Grog LLC:
- David Grogono (GrogWare) converted the website for the disk, download, and iPhone.
- Martin Grogono designed the website, graphics and artwork for the project.
- Alan “Grog” Grogono took the photographs and designed the software to display the animations.
- Kevin Embree leads all digital marketing efforts.
The entire project has been possible thanks to the enthusiastic support, proof-reading, and advice of Grog’s wife, Anthea, who initially allowed the family kitchen, and more recently a bedroom, to be employed as a photo-studio for years at a time.